Almost every job is different, so to quote "standard" rates may be a bit misleading. For regular clients (i.e. jobs commissioned 4 or more times per year),
I offer a discount (please discuss with me). To give you a "rough" idea, rates for "typical" photographic jobs for regular clients are;
- 1 to 2 hour job, local, high resolution digital JPEG images burnt to CD; £145 (includes time, travel, CD, basic image editing).
- Half day job; £195 (includes same as above).
- Full day (between 9am and 5pm); £295 (includes same as above).
Video work is different as there is often more time spent on the editing that on the filming, so it is very difficult to quote "typical" rates; please ring for specific rates.
Additional time, expenses or facilities are extra;
- Post production work; £40 per hour (image editing, manipulation etc).
- Travel (outside local area); £30 per hour, current AA recommended mileage rate.
- Preparation work (to source equipment, models, studio, or other work needed to prepare for job); £30 per hour.
- Digital images; included in the rates above.
- Film; if you prefer traditional film, the choice of film is wide and has certain advantages above digital camera images. Costs depend on type of film chosen (negative or transparency), processing costs, print size & numbers (for negative) and other factors. Therefore please ring or email to discuss your requirements.
All the above rates exclude VAT and are simply to give you a guideline and are not cast in stone. Please ring to
discuss your requirements. When you do contact me, it is useful for me to know the following to give
you any advice, or work out an accurate rate for the job;
- Final expected use(s) for the images; eg. newspaper (local or national), magazine, website, presentation (eg. Powerpoint), desk top publishing etc.; this determines how I prepare the image for you and is VITAL.
- Full client details (i.e. if you are an agency, I shall need the client's name to allow me to give a correct licence for use of my images).